INDOOR GOLF STUDIO & SIMULATOR
We’re excited to share some fantastic news with you! Our Head Golf Teaching Professional, Curtis Nelson, is opening his own single bay indoor golf studio and simulator in Tsawwassen Town Centre Mall this month. And it’s nothing short of extraordinary!
Whether you’re an avid golfer looking to improve your game or just want a fun and immersive experience, the DRIVE Golf Indoor Studio has something for everyone.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
- Massive 10ft x 14ft Screen: Get ready to be transported to some of the world’s most famous golf courses with our massive high-definition screen. It’s the next best thing to playing live on location!
- Flightscope Mevo+ Golf Simulator: Experience the latest in golf simulation technology with the Flightscope Mevo+. It provides accurate and detailed data on your swing, clubhead speed, ball speed, spin rate, smash factor, spin axis, carry distance, total distance and more. It’s like having your very own virtual golf coach!
- EZ Tee Hybrid Hitting Mat: The 12′ x 4′ EZ Tee Hybrid Hitting Mat provides the perfect surface for your swings, ensuring that you have an authentic and comfortable experience every time you tee off. In fact, it’s so similar to real turf you can use a regular tee, just like outside.
- Top-of-the-Line Putting Surface: Sharpen your putting skills on our 195 sq ft top-of-the-line putting surface. It’s designed to mimic the feel of a real green, so you can work on your short game with precision.
But that’s not all! At DRIVE Golf, we are committed to helping golfers of all skill levels improve their game. In addition to our indoor golf simulator, we also offer a range of indoor and outdoor golf lesson packages, all under the guidance of Curtis Nelson a 2023 Top 50 Golf Teacher in Canada, including:
- Full Swing Lessons: Perfect your swing fundamentals, apply the proper swing sequence and learn how to properly hit irons, hybrids, fairway woods and driver.
- Short Game Lessons: Hone your pitching and chipping skills for those crucial approach shots.
- Putting Lessons: Master the art and science of putting and lower your score.
- Playing Lessons: Take your skills to the course with on-course instruction.
Plus, we’re excited to introduce our Simulator Packages, where you can save money while enjoying our state-of-the-art simulator. Choose from 10, 20, or 30-hour packages to either practice or play rounds of golf at a preferred hourly rate. It’s the perfect way to maximize your experience at DRIVE Golf while saving on your sessions.
To celebrate our grand opening, we’ll be announcing our exclusive grand opening specials very soon. Don’t miss out on these amazing offers! Sign up for the DRIVE Golf mailing list to receive all the details and be among the first to take advantage of these fantastic deals.
Join us at DRIVE Golf and take your golf game to the next level. We can’t wait to see you there!
DRIVE Golf Studio
Unit 1293B 56 St
About Curtis, our Golf Professional
Curtis Nelson B.A., B.Sc., CGTF
CGTF MASTER TEACHING PROFESSIONAL | DRIVE GOLF
*2023 TOP 50 CANADIAN GOLF TEACHING PROFESSIONAL*
P | 778.872.7678
E | email@example.com
While still a youth, Curtis played baseball and basketball at a high competitive level. As a junior he came to discover golf as a summer sport and from the first time he swung a club he was hooked. Becoming a junior member at Victoria Golf Course in Edmonton, AB he played a lot of golf and enjoyed his summers on the links.
After a Single A open baseball tryout showed that an MLB baseball career was not likely in his future, Curtis concentrated his efforts into basketball and golf. He played college basketball on scholarship in Alberta and Ontario, earning two degrees in the process. His college basketball experience cemented his love of blending athletics, academics and life together, and the belief that athletics done right was something that could truly develop transferrable life skills: things like communication, accountability, responsibility, gratitude, hard work, perseverance, honesty, integrity, and problem solving. Additionally, his college basketball experience helped shape the idea that true confidence only comes from oneself pushing past mental, emotional, intellectual and physical barriers – ones that all too often were self imposed.
While at college Curtis continued to play golf and once he graduated and his competitive basketball career was over, he stayed involved in athletics. His got into coaching youth basketball, and moved all the way to the collegiate level, coaching college basketball for 10 years and winning the PACWest Coach of the Year for Women’s Basketball in 2012-13. His daughter also caught the love of basketball and played at college on scholarship and then went on to play basketball professionally as well.
Through his love of coaching, Curtis began teaching golf and eventually became an assistant golf professional. Having held assistant golf professional/teaching positions at a variety of golf courses in BC and AB, he decided to create his own Drive Golf Academy in order share his passion for the game, and to inspire others to enjoy such a beautiful (yet alternately frustrating, exciting and invigorating) game. Curtis is a teaching professional for other local golf courses.
Curtis’ students of all ages have thoroughly enjoyed learning the game in a very unique way, as his is not a traditional “break/fix method” of golf instruction. Nor is it an instructional philosophy based in “tips & tricks”, as that approach is both out of context and also not sustainable long term. Rather, Curtis adheres to an approach that recognizes that the golf swing – at its core – is simply science: it is a rotational sport that transfers energy from the golfer’s body, through their arms into the club and finally into the ball. And although every person is uniquely built (ie: tall/short, long limbs/short limbs, flexible/not as flexible, etc) there are 3 fundamental elements that drive everything else in the golf swing. Knowing what those are (and surprise, they aren’t what you might think they are!) and how they are applied, allows one to develop a consistent and repeatable golf swing.
Those 3 fundamental elements have been shared by every great golfer regardless of era, skill, size, stature, age or athletic ability. And crazy enough when these 3 fundamental elements breakdown or fail, they actually are directly responsible for the only 3 ways to mishit a golf ball: namely fat, thin or wrong direction. So really, understanding what those elements are helps you get better at golf quicker than you might think, and it also reduces the frustration level because now you know how to fix your mistakes when they happen. So knowledge is power, and knowing what these 3 elements are and how to apply them properly is the first step in having more fun and loving this crazy game of golf for years to come. After all, the game of golf is uniquely setup to enjoy for a literal lifetime.